Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lily's Rash


Lily had her one year check up and shots. When we went to the doctor she had her first ear infection. The doctor started her on amoxicillin. She finished that. A few days later she broke out in this rash. It started out really light and got worse. It was so sad to see my little girl like this. I took her back to the doctor and they said that she had a reaction to her MMR shot. It took about a week to clear up. I hated that I couldn't so anything for her. I also was so worried as it progressed and didn't get better. It seemed like every morning it was worse, and I couldn't do anything for her. As a parent your children look to you for protection and comfort. I felt so helpless. I did everything I could we just had to wait. I wanted to cry everytime she looked up at me with her red face. I'm so glad that she recovered.



3 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Oh! Poor thing!

Hayward Family said...

OH MAN!! That's so sad! :( I hope that's the only shot she will have a reaction to!! I'm glad it has cleared up! Poor thing!

Troy and Mindi said...

oh that breaks my heart- isn't that the worst when they are sick and you can't make them better?! hate that.